Our Gift Card Fundraising Program helps local community groups and non-profits raise funds to support their activities and operations. Whether you’re raising money to help your school council, charity or travel club, New Horizon Co-op is here to help!
We welcome applications from:
• Non-profit/registered charitable organizations exempt from taxation under the Canada Income Tax Act, whose programs and services benefit our community
• Not-for-profit community groups and youth organizations (Non-registered are also considered)
Please note that someone on your fundraising team must have a New Horizon Co-op membership to participate in this program, and that your group’s purpose should align with our Co-op’s values: Respect | Honesty | Service | Excellence
How it works:
Your group receives 5% of the total amount of Co-op Gift Cards sold during your fundraiser.
- Apply to participate at your local New Horizon Co-op.
- Pre-sell Co-op Gift Cards to your community supporters (we’ll provide the forms).
- Send us a summary of your sales and we’ll invoice you for the discounted total.
- Give us a cheque for your total order and complete a short survey.
- Pick up and deliver your gift cards!
Gift cards are available in amounts of $25, $50, $100, and can be redeemed at any participating Co-op location in Western Canada.
- Fundraising groups must be approved by New Horizon Co-op to participate in the program. Individuals, government agencies, profit-based organizations, third-party fundraising campaigns and groups that may have an adverse environmental impact are ineligible to participate.
- Equity is not earned on fundraising gift card orders.
- Groups can participate in our Gift Card Fundraising program once per fiscal year.
New Horizon Co-op will undertake the following:
- Provide the organizer with the Fundraising Package, including forms needed for sales and tracking
- Review timelines for fundraising and payment with the organizer
- Issue a Completion Survey promptly upon receiving your Sales Summary Form and cheque
- Ensure gift cards are ready for group one week after Sales Summary Form and payment has been received (and Completion Survey submitted)
- Answer your questions relating to the program
You will undertake the following:
- Maintain a single point of contact for New Horizon Co-op and keep in contact
- The contact person identified in the application will be the single point of contact for the program and will be the only authorized representative for discussing fundraising specifics after approval.
- Obtain, copy and distribute sales forms to your group
- Positively represent New Horizon Co-op as your fundraising partner
- Collect forms and payment from your group after fundraising
- Complete the Sales Summary Form along with one cheque payable to your New Horizon Co-op for your percentage of final gift card sales. A cheque payable to your New Horizon Co-op must be included with the gift card’s Sales Summary Form when handed in.
- Fill out New Horizon Co-op’s Completion Survey
- Distribute gift cards in timely manner
Click here to apply! New Horizon Co-op Community Gift Card Fundraising
More information and requirements
Please note that someone on your fundraising team must have a New Horizon Co-op membership to participate in this program, and that your group’s purpose should align with our Co-op’s values. New Horizon Co-op, like other community-minded businesses, receives numerous requests for donations. Please allow a minimum of 3 weeks to review your requests and respond.
We work hard to assist in as many community organizations as possible, however due to the high volume of requests received, not all worthwhile proposals will be approved. Such a response does not reflect upon the value of your organization and the valuable service you provide.
New Horizon Co-op uses Do Some Good to power our application forms